Digital Media Solutions® (DMS) is a leading provider of technology-enabled digital performance advertising solutions connecting consumers and advertisers. DMS is a growing company that provides team members with opportunities to learn new technologies and enhance their skills. In addition to competitive salaries, reliable work schedules, access to technology, an energetic and connected work culture and an impressive suite of employee health and wellness benefits, DMS also offers employees the chance to further acquire industry knowledge and network with colleagues.
The culture at DMS is built on a foundation of collaboration, support and inclusion. DMS believes in the power of teamwork. DMS is more than just an award-winning company, we are a team that supports one another, challenges each other and celebrates together.
A Senior Software Engineer has expert-level experience in coding abilities, and is able to contribute across multiple codebases. They have a proven track record of high-quality code that creates real value for the organization. As a Senior Software Engineer, they began to mentor other team members, and are very active in the Software Development Life Cycle across DMS platforms.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Takes ownership of assigned platform projects and tickets
- Keeps assigned tools and processes current with market and company demands
- Is a mentor to Software Engineers and Jr. Software Engineers
- Has input and guides the direction of DMS products and platforms
- Is responsible for keeping critical processes performant and seeks innovative strategies of site improvement
- Builds scalable infrastructure software, distributed systems and microservices
- Responsible for the optimizing and troubleshooting existing systems, as needed
- Is a leader among other engineers, product owners and designers, and finds solutions to solve challenging problems and evaluate their technical feasibility
- Drives progress and moves the roadmap forward
- Communicates effectively with key stakeholders across the organization
- Understanding of different problem solving techniques and patterns
- BS in Computer Science preferred, or has an equivalent combination of technical education and/or equal work experience
- 5 - 10 + years of experience working in a modern web development environment and producing quality interfaces
- Strong understanding of Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, PHP, Object Oriented Programming, SQL databases, Queuing, and Caching systems as they relate to application integration
- Has experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including: S3, EC2, SQS
- Understands JS build/task runners: Webpack, Gulp
- Thorough understanding of Agile Software Development, GIT
- Strong understanding of Experience with MVC frameworks (Symfony is a plus)
- Has strong technical, analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills, along with verbal/written communication skills.
Technologies & Systems DMS Technology Uses
- HTTP Servers: Apache, Nginx, HAProxy
- AWS services: VPC, EC2, ECR, ECS, Lambda, S3, EFS, Redshift, ElasticCache, RDS Aurora MySQL, CloudFront, API Gateway, CodeDeploy, CloudWatch, IAM, SNS, SQS, Load Balancers, Auto Scalers and AMI's
- We support PHP, NodeJS, Go, Python, Bash, Ruby, Java services
- Tools we use include: Terraform, Docker, Packer, Vagrant, GIT-Hub, TravisCI, and Gatlin
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation offered to a candidate may vary based upon geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill levels.
Benefits Available to Eligible Employees Include the Following:
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Wellness and mental health benefits
- Tax-advantaged health care accounts
- Financial and income protection benefits (Life insurance, short term disability, 401(k)
- Paid Time Off (PTO), holidays, and sick time off
- Remote worker assistance for wellness and home office
- Fully remote work
DMS is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.